Thursday, May 3, 2012

News Article- May 3

Mom Arrested fir Taking Daughter Tanning

New Jersey is known for big hair and fake tans. One New Jersey mother has been arrested for tanning her daughter. The bad thing is that her daughter is only five years old. Patricia Krentcil is being charged with second-degree child endangerment. Child services claims the daughter has a sunburn but was able to stay in the home with service workers. According to New Jersey law, only teens between the ages of 14-17 can indoor tan with parental consent.

And I thought I was addicted. I think the only way to be for sure is to look at security cameras. It's one person's word against the other. This article was actually somewhat long, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I do think it is very wrong for moms to tan 5 year old, but this mom claims that she's taken her daughter with her for more than 10 years without there being a problem. I will definitely be following this court case.

No comments:

Post a Comment