Thursday, April 5, 2012

News Article- April 5

Suicidal Baseball Player??

Stephen Grant is your typical high school student. He's the star pitcher of his baseball team, and a possible first round MLB draft pick. He even was accepted in Vanderbilt. So what went wrong?? Police found Grant thirty feet from the road with a possibly self inflicted gun shot wound. Police are still investigating to make sure it was suicide.

I think that suicide involved with any high schooler is a shock. It makes me sad that the Vanderbilt coach released a statement about how his heart went out to Grant's family. The fact that he lived in a small town makes it hit home a little bit more. I found the article to be an appropriate length and easy to read. It doesn't surprise me that his family didn't have anything to say; they're still mourning. I don't know if I'd like my death published on Yahoo, so I don't really think this article should have been in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment