Tuesday, April 3, 2012

News Article- April 3

Ex-Bengals Cheerleader

Sarah Jones, at one time a captain for the Cincinnati Ben-Gals, is accused of sexually abusing a student. Even worse, she is a high school teacher, and her mother, the middle school principal, is being accused of tampering with evidence to her daughter's case. Sarah Jones used electronics to induce a minor into sexual activity. The mother is being suspended from her job, and both women have been arrested. On the flip side, the minor's parents are supporting Sarah and her family. The county attorney is still prosecuting Jones though because they claim to have sufficient proof to move forward.

I am mildly in love with this article. (That sounds bad, rewind....) I like that this article wasn't just one sided. It was a very good length that held my attention. I like that it quoted both the mother and daughter as well as spokespersons for both parties. Personally, I would've dropped the case after the minor's parents supported the enemy, but that the county attorney's call. I like that Sarah has kept her mouth shut and hasn't been tweeting/Facebooking/or bashing the situation publicly. I find this article to be extremely news worthy.

1 comment:

  1. Very good post. You include the summary of the article as well as very good reflection and reaction. It amazes me what some people do. Personally, I think if she is a professional cheerleader, why go after teens?

    ReplyDelete