Tuesday, March 27, 2012

News Article- March 29

Monster Rats

A decade long battle is being lost. The Florida Keys have been trying to wipe out the Gambian rats that have overrun their towns. The problem started after a local breeder released eight giant rats into the wild. The rats are the largest known breed in the world. The town thought they had killed all the rats as of 2009. Farmers are concerned about the rats reaching Florida's mainland and destroying crops. Local officials have baited over 200 traps with cantaloupe and peanut butter in hopes of destroying a mass majority of them.

I like that the article showed a picture of the rats, but I think two is enough. The article was a good length and very informative. It's awesome that next year on my trip to Florida I could be fighting giant rats. I like that they're actually doing something to stop the problem. I think that giant rats possibly taking over a town is pretty important.

1 comment:

  1. Good job. It is amazing how quickly rats can breed and become a nuisance. You include a decent summary of the article and a good reflection.

    ReplyDelete