Thursday, March 8, 2012

News Article- March 8

Spiders Take Over The Town

Wolf spiders have taken over an Australian town after a recent flood. The flood has forced some 8,000 residents from their homes. The town of Wagga Wagga, New South Wales has this spider problem because the spiders are hiding from the water. The water levels are decreasing, so the spiders will soon be returning to their underground homes. Surprisingly, the spiders are helping the people by eating all the spiders.

I found this article to be extremely informative. The article was long, but it held my interest. I really like all the pictures and quotes from researchers. I found it interesting that this is one of the largest spider migrations ever to be documented. As a whole, I found this article to be very newsworthy since an entire town has been taken over.

1 comment:

  1. I would find this kind of creepy. Although it is an act of nature, I would be very disturbed to have so many spiders in one particular area.

    ReplyDelete